Jobs & Internships
CAREERS AT CORNWALL CHURCH
SUMMER WORSHIP DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Title: Summer Worship Director
Department: Skagit Campus
Reports to: Skagit Campus Pastor
Notes: Temporary Position
• To provide summer relief to Cornwall Skagit Worship Director.
• To provide an authentic, distraction-free time of worship at Cornwall Church’s Skagit Valley Campus for the first-time visitor to the long-time attender.
• To maintain the worship culture at the Cornwall Skagit Campus
Email your resume with experience to: Pastor Bryon Mengle
INTERNSHIPS AT CORNWALL CHURCH
Do you want to spend a year participating in an active, dynamic church environment, and through your involvement, not only make an impact in a specific area of ministry, but gain overall church ministry exposure, and leadership/discipleship training with a mentor and fellow interns? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Ministry Internship: A 10-11 month position primarily for gaining ministry experience and exposure under the supervision of a ministry head, focused on leadership training, discipleship, professional development, and being a part of a community of interns. This is a minimum 15-20 hour a week position, non-paid. Preferably starting in August with the Leadership Summit and ending in June.
WHAT IT IS:
- A great place to discern your calling into ministry
- An environment where interns are encouraged to learn about their ministry area, as well as other areas of interest or relevance – the value of education
- A partnership between supervisor and intern, and fellow interns
- A commitment between a supervisor, intern, and Cornwall Church in order that all parties would benefit as a result of the program
WHAT IT ISN’T:
- Free labor, with no accountability
- A narrow focus of exposure, not allowing for the intern to experience Cornwall Church to its fullest
- A one sided relationship, or a hands off approach
- Getting the most we can from someone who is willing to work for free, taking advantage of position or authority
- Just filling a position that we can’t currently hire
- Below, in status or position to our staff